Illinois Lottery #DreamGame
Chicago Blackhawks/Illinois Lottery Dream Game Contest
(1) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE A PERSON’S CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID OUTSIDE IL, IN AND WI AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
(2) ELIGIBILITY: The Chicago Blackhawks/Illinois Lottery Dream Game Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the states of Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana who are 18 years of age or older on the date of entry; provided that the following persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest: (A) the employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, members and agents of Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc. or (B) the employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, members and agents of the National Hockey League (the “NHL”) and its member teams, and NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and affiliates, (C) any member of the Lottery Control Board (“Board”), and any officer or any other person employed by the Board or the Illinois Department of the Lottery (“Illinois Lottery”); (D) any employees of any TV station from which Illinois Lottery drawings originate who are directly involved in the production of drawing telecasts, including floor directors, camera operators, stage hands, character generator operators, air control technicians, announcers and performers for each telecast; (E) officers and employees of advertising, public relations, and sales promotion agencies employed by the Illinois Lottery who are directly involved in the Illinois Lottery engagement; (F) officers and employees of audit firms performing services for the Illinois Lottery; (G) other contractors and agents of the Illinois Lottery, including without limitation Northstar Lottery Group, LLC, Illinois Lottery private manager (“Northstar”); and (H) immediate family members (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and members of their same households (whether legally related or not) of any person designated in (A) and (B) above; and (I) any person residing as a member of the same household in the principal place of residence of any person designated in (C) though (G) above. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Chicago Blackhawks, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
(3) CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on February 22, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (CT) on March 22, 2017 (“Contest Period”). Chicago Blackhawks’ computer is the official timekeeper of the Contest.
(4) HOW TO ENTER: To enter, send a social media message with the hashtag #DreamGame describing your ideal Chicago Blackhawks game experience to the Chicago Blackhawks official Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account, and you will be automatically entered into the Contest. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of the Chicago Blackhawks, and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Chicago Blackhawks. The Chicago Blackhawks are not responsible for: (a) electronic transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected or not received by the Chicago Blackhawks for any reason; (b) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (c) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer or device and/or its contents, or causes beyond Chicago Blackhawks’ reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest; (d) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (e) any typographical or other error in any printing or advertising related to this Contest, in the administration or execution of the Contest, or in the announcement of the prize winners; or (f) cheating or fraud by any entrant. Limit one entry per person for the entire Contest Period. Entries in excess of this limit shall be disqualified. Late, incomplete, illegible or duplicate messages will be disregarded.
(5) MESSAGE GUIDELINES: Messages must be the original work of entrant, must have been created specifically for Contest, and must not have been previously published, released commercially or won any awards. Any element appearing in a message, including, without limitation, photographs, art or any other materials, must be entrant’s own original work, created by entrant, or be in the public domain.
Messages must not feature the name, likeness or other personally identifiable information of any person other than entrant. Personally identifiable information includes, but is not limited to name, license plates, phone numbers and personal addresses. Messages must not include, depict or make reference to any of the following: obscenity, inappropriate language, nudity, sexual explicitness, drug or alcohol use, violence, firearms/weapons, commercial products, unauthorized copyrighted, trademarked or patented properties, including brand names, logos, or trade dress private property, unless entrant has obtained a property release from the owner specific for uses specified herein, material that promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or promotes any particular political agenda or message, material that is hateful, tortious, defamatory, false or misleading, disparaging, slanderous, libelous, or otherwise unlawful, material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to, rights of privacy or publicity, copyrights, trademarks, patents or any other intellectual property rights, material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or promotes discrimination based on race, ethnicity, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, and any other content, including but not limited to, text, images, graphics, photographs, captions and descriptions, data, codes or programs that could be considered inappropriate or offensive, as determined by the Illinois Lottery or Chicago Blackhawks in their sole discretion. Further, messages must not contain any claim that is not and cannot be substantiated or that would be false or misleading to a reasonable consumer. Any content, text or otherwise included as part of the message must be in the English language.
By entering the Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that: (i) the message is the original work of the entrant, that he/she has all rights to the message, that the message was created specifically for Contest, and that the message, in whole or in part, has not been released commercially, been previously published or won any awards; (ii) the message does not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (iii) the message is free and clear of any and all liens or claims with respect to the use of the message in the manner authorized in these Official Rules; (iv) the message does not infringe upon or violate the intellectual property rights of any third party and will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on copyrights, trademarks, patents or other intellectual property rights or any rights or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for any payment whatsoever; and (v) the message is not and will not be defamatory, disparaging, libelous, pornographic or obscene.
The Chicago Blackhawks reserve the right to disqualify any message that they deem, in their sole discretion, to be a violation of the Official Rules or that is not in keeping with the message Guidelines specified herein, or messages which communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which the Illinois Lottery and Chicago Blackhawks wish to associate. The Chicago Blackhawks may request entrant to modify or edit any message so that the message meets such guidelines. The Chicago Blackhawks are not obligated to use, publish or display or broadcast any message, or to request that entrant modify or edit any message.
All messages will be reviewed for content before being published or judged, however such review does not relieve entrant from responsibility for compliance with all of these Official Rules.
Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Chicago Blackhawks may receive many messages in connection with this Contest and that some messages may be very similar in content, idea, theme, or in other respects to other messages received or submitted. Entrants waive any and all claims entrant may have had, may have and/or may have in the future, that any message in this Contest is similar to his/her message, or that any compensation is due to entrant in connection with such message.
(6) SELECTION OF WINNERS/CONTEST PROCEDURE: On or before April 1, 2017, Chicago Blackhawks will select three (3) winners from among all eligible entries received, based on the content of the entrants’ message. One (1) winner will be selected on February 28, 2017, one (1) winner will be selected on March 8, 2017, and one (1) winner will be selected on April 1, 2017. Chicago Blackhawks will judge the messages according to criteria determined in Chicago Blackhawks’ sole discretion. The selection of the winners shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the Chicago Blackhawks. Odds of being selected as a winner are dependent on the number of eligible entries received as well as the quality of the entrant’s social media message. Each winner will be contacted through the social media account that he or she used to submit the winning message.
(7) PRIZES: Each winner will receive a personalized Chicago Blackhawk game experience for the winner and up to three (3) guests, Blackhawks game experiences shall be as determined by Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion. The date of the game and the details of the experiences shall be determined by Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the three (3) prizes shall be determined by Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion and will be approximately $1,500 to $2,500 per prize. No substitution, exchange or transfer of the prize is permitted.
(8) All prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable by winner to any other person, including relatives or friends, without the consent of the Chicago Blackhawks. Prizes may not be offered for sale or at auction. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by the Chicago Blackhawks in their sole discretion. In the event a prize is unavailable, the Chicago Blackhawks reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise stated herein, all prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All expenses not specifically mentioned herein as being included with the prizes, including but not limited to federal, state and local income taxes, travel to and from the United Center, are solely each winner’s responsibility. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. The prizes are not redeemable for cash.
(9) By entering, each entrant agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Illinois Lottery, Northstar, Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc., the United Center Joint Venture, the NHL and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, partners, equity holders, shareholders, members, employees, agents and representatives and all others associated with the manufacture, distribution, development and execution of this Contest and prizes (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, injury, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) entrant’s participation in the Contest; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the Contest; (iii) the use of a winner’s name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy; and/or (iv) any travel or activity related to the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage. Additionally, the Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof or inability to continue the Contest, by reason of any act of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, kidnapping, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute, lockout, work slowdown or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, vandalism, or any other cause beyond the control of any Released Party. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of the Chicago Blackhawks will be disqualified. The Chicago Blackhawks reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual believed to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or found to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or who is believed to be undermining or attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or who has used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated method of entry or a third-party entry service to participate in the Contest.
(10) In consideration for being awarded a prize, each winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of such winner’s name, photograph, biographical information and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by the Chicago Blackhawks, the Illinois Lottery, Northstar, the NHL, its member teams, and/or NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and designees. Each winner assumes all liability and risk for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize, including but not limited to travel related thereto. Each potential winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability and publicity (collectively, the “Affidavit”) within a specified time after first attempted notification. If any potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the required time period or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty or unclaimed, or returned as undeliverable to such potential winner, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. If a winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if a winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Identity and eligibility of each winner is subject to the Chicago Blackhawks’ verification. Winner’s guests, if any, shall be required to sign and return a release of liability and publicity as a condition of accompanying winner to the game. The Chicago Blackhawks are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winners.
(12) Contest is void outside of IL, IN and WI, and where prohibited by law.
If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, or is disrupted or corrupted, including, without limitation, by strikes, acts of war or terrorism, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or system failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Chicago Blackhawks that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, or for any reason Chicago Blackhawks deem it necessary, Chicago Blackhawks reserve the right in their sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In the event the Contest is terminated before the intended end date of the Contest period, winner(s) may be selected by Chicago Blackhawks from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time/date of termination.
This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc. 1901 W. Madison St., Chicago, IL 60612. The Sweepstakes is in no way administered by the Illinois Lottery or Northstar Lottery Group. Any inquiries relating to the Sweepstakes should be directed to Chicago Blackhawks, not the Illinois Lottery or Northstar Lottery Group, LLC.
(15) BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; (D) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF; AND (E) ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY AGREES TO BRING ANY ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE CONTEST IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, OR THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS (IF JURISDICTIONAL PREREQUISITES ARE SATISFIED).
(16) WINNERS LIST: For the names of the Contest winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Chicago Blackhawks, Illinois Lottery Dream Game Contest , United Center, 1901 West Madison St., Chicago, IL 60612 after April 11, 2017 and before June 11, 2017. All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.Official rules and information about the Illinois Lottery #DreamGame.
Illinois Lottery Launches Chicago Blackhawks(R) Cash Scratch-off Ticket
Air hockey tournaments scheduled across the state to highlight new ticket and give players additional chances to win cash and prizes
News provided by
Jan 13, 2010, 09:00 ET
Share this article
CHICAGO , Jan. 13 /PRNewswire/ –The Illinois Lottery recently launched the Chicago Blackhawks® Cash scratch-off ticket, and is kicking off 16 air-hockey tournaments across the state through February. The winner at each event will win $500 in cash and a Blackhawks jersey.
“Air hockey is one of those all American games that most people have experienced in their lives at one point or another” said Paul Arnell , director of promotions for the Illinois Lottery. “The Lottery loves to give people the opportunity to have fun, play some of their favorite games, and possibly win money at the same time.”
At each event, participants aged 18 years or older will place their name on an entry form when they arrive. At the beginning of the tournament thirty-two players will be randomly selected and placed in a bracket style format in the order in which they were picked. The contestants will face-off until the last person standing is crowned the Air Hockey Star. Below are dates, locations and times of each event:
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
170 W. Ontario Chicago, IL
Friday, January 15, 2010
115 Bourbon Street
3359 W. 115th St. Merrionette Park
Thursday, January 21, 2010
700 E. Grand Ave. Carbondale, IL
Friday, January 22, 2010
2300 N. Peoria Rd. Springfield, IL
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Crusen’s Bar & Grill
426 E. War Memorial Dr. Peoria, IL
Thursday, January 28, 2010
1113 W. Randolph Chicago, IL
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Joe’s Bar (Road Watch)
940 W. Weed St. Chicago, IL
Friday, February 5, 2010
510 S. Perryville Rd. Rockford, IL
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Fatty’s Pub & Grill
1312 W. Lincoln Hwy. DeKalb, IL
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Firehaus Bar & Grill
708 S 6th St. Champaign, IL
Friday, February 12, 2010
3937 N. Lincoln Ave Chicago, IL
Saturday, February 13, 2010
4804 N. Broadway St. Chicago, IL
Friday, February 19, 2010
102 N. Linden St. Normal, IL
Saturday, February 20th
Martini’s on the Rocks
4619 34th St. Rock Island, IL
Thursday, February 25, 2010
420 W. Diversey Pkwy Chicago, IL
Friday, February 26, 2010
Total Sports Bar & Grill
523 Fairway Dr. Naperville, IL
About Chicago Blackhawks® Cash Ticket
Each ticket costs $2 and is available for purchase at Illinois Lottery retailers across the state. Winners can win a variety of prizes ranging from a Chicago Blackhawks® jersey up to $20,000 in cash. The ticket also offers second-chance opportunities where players can submit five non-winning Chicago Blackhawks® Cash tickets for the chance to travel with the team, including:
- Roundtrip travel for two with the Blackhawks on a team charter flight
- One room in the Blackhawks team hotel
- 2 tickets to the game
- A ride on the Blackhawks team bus to the morning skate and the game
- 2 Blackhawks replica jerseys
- $500 spending money