The Georgia Lottery was formed in 1992 with the aim of raising money for education in the Peach State. Draws take place in Atlanta and exactly half of the $1 billion+ GA lottery income is paid out in prizes.
Georgia Lottery Drawing Schedule
Georgia has one of the widest ranges of games available in the USA, find out the days and times of each drawing:
|Game||Draw Days||Draw Times*||Ticket Sales Close At*|
|Powerball||Wednesday & Saturday||10:59 PM||10:00 PM|
|Mega Millions||Tuesday & Friday||11:00 PM||10:45 PM|
|Cash4Life||Daily||9:00 PM||8:45 PM|
|Jumbo Bucks||Monday & Thursday||11:00 PM||10:45 PM|
|Fantasy 5||Daily||11:34 PM||10:45 PM|
|Cash 3||Daily||12:29 PM, 6:59 PM & 11:34 PM||12:00 PM, 6:50 PM & 10:45 PM|
|Cash 4||Daily||12:29 PM, 6:59 PM & 11:34 PM||12:00 PM, 6:50 PM & 10:45 PM|
|FIVE||Daily||12:29 PM & 6:59 PM||12:00 PM & 6:50 PM|
|Cash Pop||Daily||8:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 8:00 PM & 11:59 PM||–|
|*Times are shown in ET. Georgia Lottery tickets are not on sale between 1:00 AM and 5:00 AM.|
Georgia is home to a number of different lottery games that offer big cash prizes to state residents.
Jumbo Bucks Lotto with Cash Match is a new game that has a starting jackpot of $1 million, with tickets costing $1 each. Players select six numbers from 1 to 47 or opt for a Quick Pick to have entries randomly generated for them.
Fantasy 5 is a daily game that costs just $1 per play. That’s pretty good value for money, especially as you’ll get a free Fantasy 5 ticket simply for matching two numbers! The jackpot starts at $125,000 and will roll over until someone matches all five numbers to take home the big prize. Players select five numbers from 1 to 42. Here are the odds of winning for each prize tier:
|Match||Prize||Odds of Winning|
|Match 5||Jackpot||1 in 850,668|
|Match 4||Pari-mutuel (estimated $150)||1 in 4,598|
|Match 3||Pari-mutuel (estimated $10)||1 in 128|
|Match 2||Free Ticket||1 in 11|
|Odds of winning any Fantasy 5 prize are approximately 1 in 10.06|
Want to increase your chances of winning a prize? You can pay an extra $1 to activate the eZmatch option. If your Fantasy 5 numbers match any of the selected eZmatch numbers, you’ll snag up to $500 on the spot. You won’t even have to wait until the draw to redeem your prize – the retailer will pay you your winnings and give you a replacement ticket for the Fantasy 5 draw.
Cash Pop has five drawings a day, seven days a week, and playing is as easy as picking a number from 1-15.
Cash 3 has three drawings per day for cash prizes and a variety of game types to keep things interesting.
Other Georgia Lottery games include Cash 4, Georgia 5 and KENO!
If you’re not the waiting type, you can try out some of the instant games offered by the Georgia Lottery. All you have to do is choose a game, buy it and scratch off the top layer to see if you’re a winner! Instant win prizes can rival those of regular lottery games, so they’re well worth a try.
Claiming a Georgia Lottery Prize
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, there have been some changes in the way you claim prizes in Georgia. You can find updates on our dedicated Coronavirus Lottery Updates page.
All prize amounts can be claimed by mail – see details below. Prizes of $600 or less can also be redeemed at any authorized Georgia Lottery retailer or Lottery office.
If you win any prize worth $601 or more, you’ll need to fill out a claim form and supply two types of identification to the Georgia Lottery commission in order to claim your winnings. For draw games, prizes must be redeemed within 180 days of the relevant drawing, and for instant tickets, within 90 days of the game Expired Date.
Payouts worth up to $25,000 can also be claimed at Lottery Headquarters or any Lottery district office. You can also claim at special Lottery kiosks in Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. How’s that for customer service?
Claim a prize by mail
Prizes of any value may be claimed by mail. For prizes of $600 and under, fill out the back of the winning ticket and send it to the address below.
For wins of $600 and above, please send the following:
- Completed original ticket
- Completed claim form claim form
- Copy of a government-issued photo ID
- Copy of social security card
Georgia Lottery Corporation
P.O. Box 56966
Atlanta, GA 30343
Processing times are normally 2-3 weeks; however, big jackpots may require 4-5 weeks.
History of the Georgia Lottery
The Georgia Lottery was established in 1992 in order to provide vital funding for educational initiatives. Ticket sales began in June 1993 and have been going strong ever since. Today, over $15.5 billion has been allocated to the Lottery for Education Account run by the State Treasury. Georgia Lottery fans know that they’re funding more than their own dreams of a big jackpot win – they’re helping others in the state realize their dreams of a better future through education.
You’ll need to be at least 18 years old to play Georgia Lottery games or redeem any prizes you might win.
Details of your win will be reported to the IRS for prizes worth $600 or more. If you’ve won a prize worth more than $5,000, you’ll be responsible for federal withholding taxes of 25 percent and Georgia state income taxes of six percent.
Georgia lottery games currently aren’t available to play outside of the USA. However, you can take part in Powerball and Mega Millions from around the world. Visit the Tickets page for more information.Find the latest Georgia Lottery numbers and prize information for draws such as Fantasy 5, Powerball, Mega Millions and more. Are you a lucky winner?
Georgia Cash 3
Cash 3 offers players the chance to win up to $500 three times every day. The draws are: Midday at 12:29 pm, Evening at 6:59 pm, and Night at 11:34 pm (all ET). All you need to do is pick three numbers, from 0 – 9, and then decide which game type you would like to play. If you donвЂ™t want to pick your own numbers then you can opt for a Quik Pik selection for random numbers to play instead. Then simply come back and check if you have won anything on your numbers for cash prizes!
One winning three-digit number is randomly drawn, and you could win cash prizes on the various types of games, depending on what you have chosen to play.
Playing Georgia Cash 3
- Straight: Straight play is the simplest game type to play. You just need your three numbers to match the winning number exactly. So if the winning number drawn is 123, then you need to have picked 123 to win.
- Box: Match three numbers in box play, but this time your three numbers can be in any order, such as 132. With two different box plays to choose from you will have different odds of winning the different prizes available, depending on what you pick.
- 3-Way Box вЂ“ Two identical digits come up from the number you pick (122)
- 6-Way Box вЂ“ Three different digits come up from the number you pick (231)
- Straight/Box: Here you play both previous game types at once. So, if you match the winning number exactly you could win both the Straight Play as well as the 3-Way or 6-Way Box. If you choose the correct numbers, but not in the exact order, then you would only win the box prize.
- Combo: All of the different straight combinations will be played here after you select your numbers (123, 231, 312 etc). You can also play one of the box combinations, which will cost more but could lead to greater prizes.
- 1-Off: Win on Straight match, and if your numbers are “one-off” on one, two, or three of the winning numbers, with the rest exact match. One-off means the digit you chose is one higher or one lower than the winning digit. So if you chose 123, you could win on 023, 223, and so on.
- Pairs: You only need to match the first two or last two digits out of the winning numbers. So, if 123 was the winning set of numbers, then 12 as the Front Pair or 23 as the Back Pair would win you a prize, regardless of the other number that came up.
Prizes and Odds of Winning
Check the table below for the full Cash 3 prize payout details and odds of winning, depending on which play type you select. To help you understand the play styles, there are two example columns. If you chose the numbers in Play Example, then you would win with any of the options in Winning Examples.Georgia cash 3 holds three draws at midday, in the evening and at night. Players pick 3 numbers from 0 вЂ“ 9 and have six different ways of winning a payout. ]]>